Saturday, July 9, 2011

Let Me Introduce You: Marika Lemay


As crafters, regardless of whatever type of craft is our passion (paper, digital, painting, sewing, etc) we regularly draw on others for inspiration. Inspiration can be as simple as someone's colour combination catching your attention or as complex as detailed tutorials providing step by step instructions on how to master a technique or re-create a project. We share our creativity (or for some, their genius) out of a pure love of the craft and we celebrate when others put it to use.

Today, I'd like to spotlight one of those genius individuals that inspires me to keep crafting. Her name is Marika Lemay and she's a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in Crabtree, Quebec here in Canada.

Marika has gift for taking the same fabulous Stampin' Up! products that you and I are delighted to play with and she elevates them to an art form. Her projects have a level of detail and sophistication that often makes you question if she's really working with the same stamp set that's on your workspace at the moment. Her colour combinations are rich and she achieves beautiful texture and contrast with shading and embossing while always maintaining a clean, sophisticated look.

I'm new to the Stampin' Up! and blogging world and compared to Marika, I'm so...not...worthy! At the top of the post, I've placed Marika's photo of a recent card that she created with the adorable Aviary stamp set. I'm going to attempt to case her card with My Digital Studio instead of paper crafting but first, you NEED to go and check out her blog at http://www.lamagiedesetampes.com/index.php. Add it to your favourites, bookmark it or subscribe with your Google reader. No matter how you do it, you'll want to come back and visit Marika regularly. In a few hours time when you've trolled through her blog "oooh-ing & aww-ing" at her sheer genius, I hope you'll come back to see if I did an adequate job casing her card in MDS.


Remember, C-A-S-E stands for copy and share everything but often when we case a card we "make it our own" versus creating an exact duplicate. Though I LOVE Marika's colour scheme, I thought I'd use 3 of the NEW 2011-2013 "In Colours" (in order from left to right), Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo & Pool Party.

So...I hope this gave you some ideas for turning the paper crafting inspiration you see in the "blogosphere" into great My Digital Studio projects. They're often quick, easy and VERY cost effective!

Happy MDS'ing,
Lori

For more ideas and all of your Stampin' Up! must-have products, pop on over to my website, www.loricampbell.stampinup.net!

No comments:

Post a Comment