Saturday, July 2, 2011

Featured New Product: Frightful Sight Designer Series Paper

If you know me, you'll know that I'm not a big Halloween person when it comes to the gross, scary, bloody, horrific-type costumes that seem to be popular in recent years. However, give me the fun, homemade, character-based costumes of my youth on a cool evening RACING from house to house with my brother to achieve the right energy output to candy overhaul ratio...and THAT'S Halloween good times!

The NEW 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalogue that went live yesterday contains oodles and oodles of great new products and the very first theme in the book is Halloween. Now, I know...I know! It's only July...why on earth am I thinking Halloween? Well, since you asked...it's because the Halloween themed Frightful Sight designer series paper had just the perfect colours for a picture of my daughter that I've been just itching to scrapbook.

Behold...Mackenzie! This photo is part of a downtown photo shoot that she and her friend Taylor created a couple of months ago and it's wicked. I have many more shots from this roll that I'll be featuring in the weeks to come!


This scrapbook page uses strips of 3 of the 12 patterns from the NEW Frightful Sights DSP, the sentiment from the new Daring Adventure stamp set, the paint splatter and dots are from the Extreme Elements, the white frame is from the Downtown Grunge digital template kit and last but not least...I used the Textured Overlay stamp to make the page a little rough around the edges, so-to-speak.

So the moral of the story here is that there are always more uses for DSP than the theme that's most obvious or originally intended!

Keep MDS'ing!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment