Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Flashback: Springtime Vintage Quilt Card

In the process of transitioning from my old computer to my new one, I also managed to do some reorganizing in my craft room, too!  While doing so, I found some of the cards I made earlier this year before I started blogging.

So...without further ado,  here's my Springtime Vintage Quilt Card.  I had a blast making about a dozen of these.  It's one of the best ways to use up tiny scraps of that favourite DSP of yours that you couldn't bear to throw out.

Here's the "recipe" to recreate it:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base with fold on the left or the top
3 7/8 x 4 3/4" contrast colour cardstock
3 5/8 x 4 1/2" neutral cardstock (quilt backing)
16- 3/4" squares of DSP

Adhere DSP to quilt backing leaving 1/8" gap around the outside edge and between the rows of squares.  Run through your Big Shot using the Stampin' Up! Lattice embossing folder.  Tie ribbon of your choice around this layer.  Adhere your "quilt" to the contrast card stock and then the contrast to your card base.  Stamp and punch the sentiment of your choice and pop it with Dimensionals in the bottom corner of your card.  Voila!  A quick quilt card for any occasion.

Oh, and if you're not a "paper pusher" like I am, this card is a cinch to re-create in MDS (without the embossing).

Until next time...keep on MDS'ing,

Lori

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this card! It reminds me of a quilt that my mom has!

    ReplyDelete