Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The What, Who, Where, Why & How of My Digital Studio

Well, hello again!

Here's a few answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up!

What is My Digital Studio?
  • My Digital Studio (MDS) is a Windows and Mac compatible software program from Stampin' Up! 
  • It turns paper, stamps, ribbon, buttons, etc into a digital format that allows you to create dynamic "paper-crafting" projects right in your computer  
  • Publish your creations through Stampin' Up!'s print services, print from home or through the print supplier of your choice
  • Also...display and share your projects in a variety of multi-media formats (burn a slideshow to a dvd, play your slideshow through your television,  upload your creations to blogs or social networking sites, etc).

Who can use My Digital Studio?
  • This answer is simple...ANYONE with a computer!  
  • You do not need to be tech-savvy or a creative whiz to enjoy and master My Digital Studio.  
  • I've seen everyone from school children making posters for school, brides making wedding invitations, sports teams making flyers for fundraising and grandparents making "brag books".
  • I'll always be available to help you get the most out of your MDS software!

Where can I buy My Digital Studio?
  • Shop online (in your pj's!) 24 hours a day at my website www.loricampbell.stampinup.net.  Once you've created an account, you can purchase the downloadable version (available for use INSTANTLY) or you can order the DVD version of MDS which will ship right to your door.  When UPS arrives, I always joke that Santa wears a brown suit in the "off-season"!  It's the same program and content either way...the choice is up to you!
  • Alternatively,  if you want a little more fun and fanfare...you could host a workshop! Whether at my home or yours, I can demonstrate how MDS works, give everyone a chance to make a couple of simple projects and if any of your friends or family make purchases you may qualify for reward benefits for free products!

Why would I choose My Digital Studio over traditional papercrafting products?
  • MDS is completely contained on your computer.  You won't need storage shelves for oodles of craft supplies and tools.
  • Never ration your favourite supplies again!  You'll never run out of designer paper, buttons, ribbon, etc in MDS.  If you want to put 400 buttons on a page...go for it!  
  • Since digital content doesn't take up space in Stampin' Up!'s warehouse, your content will never retire!  Use your favourite colour schemes or supplies forever.  
  • Make "hybrid" projects to combine digital crafting with traditional.  Let's face it...there's nothing quite like the sheen of satin ribbon or the glint of glimmer brads.  Do some of your creating in MDS, print your project and add some of these goodies afterwards.

How much is My Digital Studio?
My Digital Studio currently retails for $106.95 (a little birdie might know that it is decreasing to $99.95 starting July 1st!)  I fully recognize that the price is a sizable purchase.  For the price you receive over $600 worth of exclusive Stampin' Up! digital content.
  • 400+ designer series paper patterns
  • 62 digital "stamp brush" sets
  • 650+ embellishments (buttons, ribbon, etc)
  • 25 "punches"
  • 140 designer templates (these are gorgeous ready-to-use templates, just drop in you're pictures and you're finished!)
To ensure you're confident with your purchase, I encourage you "test-drive" the software (at my home or I can come to you) or if you want to ease into MDS, Stampin' Up! offers an MDS Express option which is a scaled-down version that includes 12 designer series paper patterns, 1 stamp brush set, 81 embellishments, 26 punches & 5 designer templates for $49.95.  If you fall in love after playing with MDS Express, you can purchase an MDS Booster DVD for $49.95 to add all of the other content that comes with the full program (total cost of MDS Express & Booster DVD is the same as buying the full program outright).

One last question...Am I limited to the content that comes with the software?
  • Absolutely not!  There are other digital crafting software programs on the market and many are compatible with My Digital Studio! 
  • Free fonts are also abundant on the internet so you can download those and use them in MDS, too.  
  • Also, Stampin' Up! releases new digital downloads regularly (on most Tuesdays) so you can increase your options virtually every week when additional content becomes available.
Squeeeeeal!  It's too exciting!  Give me a shout if you want to check it out and remember...I'm a paper crafting (and now digital) addict, NOT a salesperson.  I'll always be here to help you get the most out of anything you want from Stampin' Up! but I do it because I love it!  No sales quotas, no pressure...just fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment