Sunday, December 18, 2011

I have another addiction...BOXES!


The Stampin' Up! demonstrator website is an endless source of inspiration.  I recently spotted a video showing how to make this cute little box that holds 3-4 cards.  Normally, boxes require 12 x 12" paper which I don't typically have on  hand because I'm more of a card-maker than a scrapbooker (except for digital, OF COURSE!) but this box uses letter size card stock.  So...I looooove this little box set.

Take an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of card stock (letter size).  Cut it down to 6 x 11".  On the 11" side, score it at 3 1/8", 3 1/2", 8" and 8 3/8".  Then decorate the end of the right hand side like I've done in the picture.  Check out the sneak peak in the picture.  I've trimmed the end with new a new Edgelit die that you can look forward to in the Occasions Mini catalogue that starts January 4th/2012.  Until this new die is available to customers, you could use your favourite edge punch.

Using the piece of card stock that you trimmed off to make the box, cut 2 pieces 3 1/8 x 1 1/8".  On the short side, score at 3/8" and 3/4".  These wee pieces will fill in the sides of your box.  Fold on the score lines and use Tombow glue or Sticky Strip to adhere it on the inside edge of your box.

If you wish to decorate the box with Designer Series Paper as I've done, the front flap piece is 5 3/4 x 2 1/2" (trim again with the punch/die of your choice).  The front box bottom piece is 5 3/4 x 2 7/8" and the box back piece is 5 3/4 x 4 1/4".

Note:    The DSP I've used is retired...but wait until you see the new DSP coming in the Occasions Mini and during Sale-A-Bration.  You'll want to make oodles and oodles of card sets when you see the gorgeous DSP!

I'll post some of the cards I made for this set tomorrow.

Until then,
Lori

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori -- I signed up to follow your blog through Stampin' Connection. My blog is at tinadavisstamps.blogspot.com .

    I love this box and the cards. Very cute. Great blog!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,
    Thanks so much! I've added your blog to my Google Reader, too.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete